Once upon a time there was a lady who really needed some hair dressing TLC. After a very long time of colouring her own hair with supermarket hair dye, she decided she needed a birthday treat. She made an appointment with her favourite hairstylist. (It should be noted that this hair stylist was very popular and it usually took at least a week or two to get an appointment) But luck was with our heroine and she managed to get an appointment that very afternoon!!
After arriving at the salon she was whisked into a comfortable chair ready for the magic to begin.
It was decided our heroine needed a major overhaul, the black hair had to go and was going to be bleached out and a lighter colour and highlights to be added. (sounds good to me!).
So after the product was applied and her head covered in tin foil, our heroine sat back to enjoy a drink and read her kindle………..ah bliss…………….after a while our heroine’s head started to feel slightly warm………….then her scalp started tingling…………………then it started feeling very very warm and a burning sensation was strongly felt.
Now our heroine didn’t like to complain but she was starting to think something untoward was occurring, and she could be heard exclaiming “Um should this be burning”. “No” replied another of the lovely stylists who kindly came over and lifted off her tin foil turban and straightened out her hair. It has to be said shock was felt by all when smoke was seen to be rising off our heroines hair (her stylist later informed her it was steam, she still feels skeptical on this point 🙂
With two pairs of shocked eyes turned to my stylist it was exclaimed “her hair is smoking!!”. Our heroine and second stylist froze there for a second in a horrified stupor until her stylist declared “well bring her to the basin!!”. Thus awakened from their shocked trance the pair hustled to the basin and to joyously cool water, and rinsed the pain away……..ahhhhhhh. (there really wasn’t much pain but that sounded more interesting 🙂
Unfortunately for our heroine the bleach had reacted with the home dye and had a chemical reaction……….
Now being the wonderfully happy go lucky person she is, had a good laugh about the whole thing, after all it was her own fault for spending all her money on art supplies and neglecting her hair care!!
Once her poor hairstylist got over the shock, all was well (although the heroine will be lucky if they ever let her back into the salon!!).
But never fear dear readers our story has a happy ending and our heroine now has a healthy head of beautifully coloured hair.
My latest painting is dedicated to the stylist in this utterly random made up story “wink, wink” 😉
Beauty is Pain